View Full Version : 3 things needed for the Blast can you help

Byrner
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I need
a Chequered Flag for the finish
a headset Microphone
and a starting pistol
anybody got any ideas
The mike is or me so i can have my hands free..it would have to be wireless and be connected somehow to our PA..as i haven't a clue about these things mucho helpo would be appreciated
Help !

Byrner
08-30-2008, 10:44 PM
I also need designs for the Horn of El Dorado

Basil Fawlty
09-01-2008, 09:42 AM
A chequered flag - a bit cheesy do not you think?
Microphone - can't help there, sorry.
Starting pistol - perhaps one of the Roundwood natives could lend a 12-gauge, this would probably be near enough. Could also use it to pick off a few goobers if you get bored. I would offer to help, but out where I live all the guns tend to be sawn-off, which would compromise accuracy for the goober-culling application.

We could probably make a Horn of ElDorado from a tubeless tyre, a used cereal packet and some double sided tape. Need a grown-up to help with the scissors though.

skippy
09-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Yep i agree with Alan the real deal is the 12 gauge/pump action.
Alan word on the street is that there are sisters over your country handy a with scissors way a "HEAD" of anything we could offer..

Byrner
09-01-2008, 10:02 AM
i also need a really good assistant to help me ..

Don
09-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Doesn't Skippy have a Glock, or an Uzi that he bought in Bray?

skippy
09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Jazaz could you see Richie standing there with a feckin Uzi...it will be deadly im bringing it.
You should hear it go..baby its good.

Basil Fawlty
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Skippy you're after reminding me of the joke about the medicinal properties of the Royal Canal - great for getting rid of blackheads apparently...

Seriously though, the airhorn was pretty good as a start mechanism. Except for certain folks not waiting for it, apparently "four" signals go in the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 countdown.

Don
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM
And let us all not forget the controversy about the jumped start a few years back...think it was Duggen V Carr if memory serves....classic!

Byrner
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM
that won't be accepted this year, and people taking shortcuts will be disqualified.

Fat Fecker
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll have my hillbilly blunderbus for anyone who takes off before me. filled with buckshot and chilli powder.

tommyv
09-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I know of certain sailing races that were started using shot gun shells that had been pried open and the shot removed, then filled with bit of newspaper and closed again. Nice big flames coming out of the barrel if I recall. Also blank shell can be picked up cheaply enough from local gunsmithes/round the back of garda stations.

Checkered Flag: ebay or a white sheet and black paint, still wet and dangled in front of the winner's face, draped over shoulders, rubbed in eyes, etc.

Mic, some slave standing beside you holding a rolled up magazine and hollering whatever it is you tell them...

lazy-biker
09-02-2008, 08:11 PM
pm'd ya richie

welshgar
09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
hi

my girfriend is in the music industry over there in ireland. she'll be able to sort you with a mic. definately for cheap if not free. what other equipment have you sound wise??