PDA

View Full Version : Request for motions for 2011 Offroad AGM

RSSFeed
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Motions are now being accepted for the 2011 Offroad AGM, any Cycling Ireland members wishing to submit a motion for the upcoming Offroad AGM must do so by email (offroad.commission@gmail.com).

http://www.irishxcmtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/AGM_2011.jpg (http://www.irishxcmtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/AGM_2011.jpg)
Please submit your motions via e-mail to offroad.commission@gmail.com*with the subject “2011 Offroad AGM motion”
The date of the Offroad AGM is Saturday 8th October, further details & location will be announced in due course.
Motions must be received by the Offroad Commission by Saturday 1st October at 1:00pm, any motions received after this date/time will not be accepted.
Submitting a motion to the AGM is your opportunity to influence how offroad cycling in Ireland is administered.
Any successful motions relating to changes to Technical Regulations or formal Operating Procedures of Cycling Ireland have to be approved by the Board of Cycling Ireland.
You MUST include your Cycling Ireland licence number and your full name.
Here is an example of a motion:
” I CI Licence number: propose that the XC National points series be the premier XC series each year and that all other proposed series be outside the NPS season”

More... (http://www.irishxcmtb.com/2011/08/24/request-for-motions-for-2011-offroad-agm/)

Byrner
08-24-2011, 11:14 AM
now folks this is the time to get stuff changed..if you miss this boat then, then don't start waffling on about drivel on the forums in the middle of the next season blaming the Commission for everything.
I would suggest maybe an open sensible discussion on here about what you think needs to be added , removed or improved.
Nonsense will be removed !

OZ
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Id like to see some way of democratically deciding NPS matters. Would it be possible for the XC contingent to gather around at the AGM and vote on the number of races, venues and other matters? I also think it is important that any potential NPS host should be present. I think the workload could be shared, one person take responsibility for organising race numbers etc. I don't know how this would be put forward as a motion.

jackson
08-24-2011, 01:57 PM
i dont know if this is a matter for the offroad commission agm or cycling ireland agm but some half arsed explanation for the debacle that was the euro masters in killarney

Byrner
08-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Thats not an offroad commission issue.

Motions should be in the nature of (eg)standardising the length of races
Rules for the nationals ( remember the nonsense leading up to this years )

Alfie
08-24-2011, 07:23 PM
lets see all your ideas up here folks..lets have the forum debates now and submit the motions before the deadline.
what did happen this year that you didnt like and would like to see changed
what didnt happen that you think should have
what motions should have been put forward last year that werent

Byrner
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
yeah no use bitching and whinging after the AGM !!

Alfie
08-24-2011, 07:30 PM
well i think that there should be trophies at all nps events not fucxing cash prizes

Byrner
08-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Now I have reservations about that one..
I propose Trophies for everybody down to top 5 each category provided over 20 riders in Category.
Plus cash prizes for top 3 in Senior 1. I think there should be a distinction made they are the Elite.

I propose an Offroad Commission Development Team for the NPS selected and managed by myself.

Mcnipples
08-24-2011, 07:46 PM
"any club wishing to host an NPS to be vetted for suitability, so as not to disappoint any riders with cancellation of events"
"that there be a relatively even number of NPS events countrywide" (way too many up north this year IMO).
"not to be charged an extra fee for sign up on the day of an event, and for a set fee per race"
"Bike insurance scheme to be reintroduced"
"colour coded numbers in the nationals, and all riders to have numbers on back and front"(so you know when you are closing in on someone what category they are in).

Max Power
08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Those are excellent Nipples.

- clear promotion and relegation system for 2012 NPS (S2 to S1 etc.)
- clear rules regarding participation in National events
- holders of non IRL licence allowed to partake in National events but not eligible for medals, UCI points and not gridded.
- hire an NPS co-coordinator whose role would be to ensure all NPS are run to equal (high) standard
- create an NPS logo and promotion campaign

I'm sure I'll come up with more later..

Byrner
08-24-2011, 08:06 PM
don't forget, put them in an email and email them to Offroadcommission.

Alfie
08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
none of this online payments only
and fining riders for paying on the day makes me feel ill

orlamc
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
none of this online payments only
and fining riders for paying on the day makes me feel ill

In fairness I think the only time you paid extra was if you didn't register until the day. You could pay on the day with no extra fee.

Alfie
08-25-2011, 01:44 PM
so i decided the day before castlewellan that i would travel all the way up just to support their event (kos i was going like a pig) and when i got there they fined me for making that decision.....fair?

Mcnipples
08-25-2011, 02:06 PM
In fairness I think the only time you paid extra was if you didn't register until the day. You could pay on the day with no extra fee.

not in the cooleys, sorry.

orlamc
08-25-2011, 02:29 PM
so i decided the day before castlewellan that i would travel all the way up just to support their event (kos i was going like a pig) and when i got there they fined me for making that decision.....fair?

Maybe you just got charged extra for the VIP carpark?

Alfie
08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
probably!

Byrner
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
keep these suggestions going then make sure you fire them on to the offroad commission !!

Alfie
09-15-2011, 06:32 AM
need to get proper clear rules written for the national champs re foreign riders and chamionship categories and all that jazz

jackson
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
the leinster league was rubbish compared to the ulster league , i am not knocking the events or organisation but only racing 795 s race was not also an nps while the ulster league was a league in its own right. we have the venues and numbers to do the same here, i know there is a huge amount of work involved in running an event but some clubs had no events this year

GH-SB75D
09-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but we need a series sponsor and a full time national series co-ordinator to maintain standards etc, with the Blast in mind this show's what can be done...

Alfie
09-26-2011, 01:03 PM
i have emailed the commision my suggestions for motions i suggest everybody else does the same.

Dethshed
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
the leinster league was rubbish compared to the ulster league , i am not knocking the events

err....the league IS the events, so I'm not sure what else could have been rubbish about it

Rhinestone Culchie
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
err....the league IS the events, so I'm not sure what else could have been rubbish about it

Are you having a go at Ger? You'd want to be careful, he'll put his back out if he has to dig two shallow graves in Wickla!

Dethshed
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
a full time national series co-ordinator to maintain standards etc,
yeah - let's find some idiot to devote loads of unpaid hours to a job nobody else wants, there has to be one around here somewhere... :mad:

Dethshed
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Are you having a go at Ger? You'd want to be careful, he'll put his back out if he has to dig two shallow graves in Wickla!

I'll have a go at you, you ..you...why you....why I oughta.......ahhhh sorry Culchie, I loves ya.....

Rhinestone Culchie
09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Of course you do, doesn't everyone?

Dethshed
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Of course you do, doesn't everyone?
I haven't found anyone as yet who doesn't....

Rhinestone Culchie
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Awww, shucks, thanks Fergal, I love you too babe!!!

Rhinestone Culchie
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
WTF, all the oestrogen here in Dundrum must be affecting me.....fcuk you Fergal, ya steamer!!!

Dethshed
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Hah!!
You sucker!
You failed the Dundrum passive-oestrogen-ingestion test!!
You'll never get let back down the bog now - you're doomed to a life of, loike, permanent metrosexuality!
Pick me up some Nivea Q-10 moisturiser while you're there will ya!

Rhinestone Culchie
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
They're all out, seems Terry and Oz have been stocking up for the Roc.